WooCommerce CSV Import
When all configurations of your WooCommerce store are done, the first thing you may consider will probably be product import. If you want to avoid adding items one by one, prepare a WooCommerce CSV import file containing all necessary product data and import it to your shop.
Currently, WooCommerce admin does not provide the possibility of uploading goods to a store without installing additional extensions, though you may resort to Store Manager for WooCommerce. Using this application you can import product data flawlessly by clicking through a few steps via special import wizard.
Use the following guide to import goods to your WooCommerce in a couple of clicks.
- Before starting the import process, you should first prepare a .csv file containing all important product information. Here is a WooCommerce CSV import sample:
- To start the import wizard, tap the 'Import data' button on the 'Products' toolbar.
- Press the browse button and double-click on the local .csv import file. Select the file charset or let it be auto detected.
- Select delimiter type and specify whether to quote string values. In case you want the first raw to contain the field names, check the corresponding box.
- Now you have to assign file columns to appropriate fields from your store database:
In case, you need to add an own SQL query, tap 'Add custom SQL' and use the extended expression editor to generate the query.
- Select a suitable identification field to identify the products being imported (if the product already exists in the database, it will be modified, if it is a new item, it will be added to the store);
- Use the drop-downs with the source fields to link them to the database fields.
- Modify only (update existing products without adding new goods)
- Just add
Tap 'Preview Import Data' button to check if everything is ok.
As you see, importing WooCommerce products via Store Manager is very compact and comprises just few clicks. Although, you should take your time to prepare the CSV file properly to provoke no errors during the process.